Yoga & Pregnancy
Being pregnant is something very special, for a while you are two. Your body is undergoing a lot of changes and carries your baby in all her love. Combining your pregnancy with physical exercise and mental relaxation will increase your overall sense of wellbeing and joy. Prenatal yoga encourages and supports you to make this process a positive, consciously way to prepare you for the birth. You become aware of the deep strength and trust in yourself that you use for childbirth, and at the same time you learn to relax.
During the pregnancy yoga class you will learn:
- To relax, to concentrate and to feel your strength before and during delivery. This is done by active-, relaxation-, and breathing exercises.
- Yoga moves that will build and maintain flexibility and suppleness in your muscles and joints.
- How to focus on breathing and the way you can use your breath during the delivery.
- Develop a sense of trust and surrender of what your body requires of you and the confidence that you can do it.
- There is attention and care for yourself and your unborn child.
- Tips to resolve complaints in a natural way during pregnancy.
- You'll get information about what happens during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum period.
Pregnancy yoga consists of:
Ongoing classes of 75 minutes. You can join whenever you like, however we do recommend to start between 12 and 25 weeks. You can follow the classes just before giving birth. The lessons are for beginners and for women who have experience with yoga. Classes are in small groups, which ensures close contact and personal attention.
Classes are in Den Haag & Wassenaar on
Wednesday evening from 19.15hr till 20.30hr (Dutch-English)
Location Zijlwatering, Burmanlaan 71 in Wassenaar.
Tuesdayevening from 19.00hr till 20.15hr
Saturdaymorning from 10.30hr till 11.45hr
Saturday from 12.00hr till 13.15hr (English speaking class)
Location Haags Yogacentrum, Sillestraat 13, Den Haag (bezuidenhout)
The lessons can be booked from your first class up to 2 weeks before your due date. Receive between 12-16 classes is preferred for proper preparation. After your lesson series, you can pay per class. Loose lesson/ trial class €15. For a continuous lesson serie from 4 lessons or more you pay €13,50 per class. And from a continuous lesson serie of 14 lessons you pay €12,50 per class.
Please register in advance.
If you have any questions or would like to take a trial class with Yoga & Pregnany, please contact us.
Vansi yoga is affiliated with the Association of Yoga Teachers the Netherlands, member of European Yoga Union and Vansi yoga has an AGB code and is therefore nationally registered with the health insurers as a healthcare provider. As a result, many health insurers reimburse all or part of the costs incurred for taking part of this prenatal yoga.